Friday 22 November 2013

Robots and their intimate bits

Today I have created a turnaround for my robot, so I can start to model the him. I did an exploded turnaround to make him easier to model in the long run. I am planning on keeping him as low poly as I can so that I have more polys to play around with. He will also have a smaller texture size than my character, so he will probably be around a 512x512 texture size. I had a few changes to make as I didn't know whether I wanted him to have a wheel, roller ball or jet propulsion system to make him move; in the end I picked a jet so he could virtually go anywhere.
My turnaround for my robot in the exploded view.
 I also gave him a little backpack as he is an inventory bot and will need a suitable amount of storage for my character to put her things in, he also has a draw and drop-box on the front of him.

I got the final idea by combining a lot of the elements together, I always wanted a face on a screen of some sort to show a bit of emotion from the robot and originally I wanted a quadruped robot; but it seemed a bit over done and lifeless, so I researched some bots from wall-e and got inspiration. I gave him a little thumb on his claws so he could pick stuff up and gave him extendable arms out of no. 3. He also has a slight indented curve to break up the monotony of the edgy robot style by giving him a slight bit of organic form.   
Some annotations on the original robots so i could get in the right direction with my design.
 I gave him a little thumb on his claws so he could pick stuff up and gave him extendable arms out of no. 3. He also has a slight indented curve to break up the monotony of the edgy robot style by giving him a slight bit of organic form.   

No comments:

Post a Comment