Thursday 21 November 2013

Annotation such an Aggravation...

Over the last week I have got the style I want my character to be in down to a tee. I have created a few annotated sketches trying out different features whilst trying to maintain the style, The style I am going for is heavily inspired by Disney's tangled as it is a very appealing style and it pushes my boundaries pretty damn far too. 
The initial style is in the top right and is inspired by Tangled and I also used Mila Kunis as a basis.
I created these designs my mixing and matching different things I liked in my other designs and mixed and matched until I found something I liked. I realized after a while that some of my other designs related too much to other styles that have gone before such as Pocahontas and Kim Possible and could possibly get flagged for plagiarism. 


My annotated faces, I thought 6 and 7 look a bit to Disney for my liking.
Along with annotating the stylized faces I did, I also annotated the costume designs I created just to make sure I am on the right track and everything matches up with my proposal along with adding some fresh ideas I can add to my final concept
I really liked no.6 and will use that as a base, whilst adding new stuff and taking away the boring.
Over the coming weeks I want to get my finished concepts done asap, and get my turnarounds done for the end of November so I can start modelling over Christmas and hopefully not be behind on other modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment