Friday 10 January 2014

Unwrap and Texturing

I started to unwrap and texture my robot through Christmas also. I started the Unwrap by selecting everything and unwrapping it together, rather than attaching everything so I couldn't pose it. I started my unwrap with the head then progressed down the body.
Head unwrap with checker grid to make sure there's no stretching.
I separated my UV's as I was unwrapping [e.g. head unwrap to the left and body to the right] and packed them by hand at the end.
UV's separated accordingly.
I separated my UV's so that they were easier to pack and that when I had packed them I could texture them easier as they are organized into manageable groups.

My packed UV's ready for texturing


No visible texture stretching, time to texture.
Once I packed my UV's I started to texture my robot, I started by making a rough texture because I wanted to get the eyes right first as I wanted them to stand out and it's the robots only means of emotion.

 

After doing these iterations and receiving some feedback from my friends and people on the internet I decided to go with the blue eyes as I thought they stood out the most and and would work a lot better with a  white robot.
After doing these iterations I started on the main texture of the robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment