Wednesday 6 November 2013

Stylized Female Character

This week, I have changed my idea of Mad Max from a Tom Hardy lookalike style of Max, to a female Russian ex-KGB agent. I am still having the little robot following my character and i'm still maintaining the post-apocalyptic feel. 

I have been experimenting with different styles of character as I am going for a stylized approach for this project in order to push myself out of my comfort zone and push my art skills further. I will still be trying to maintain the weapons and clothing style that I put into my proposal; But, in a stylized theme.

Playing with anatomy to get the jist of stylized characters.
 I have also done some sketches of some costume varieties, and have started to make a characterization for Max so I know exactly what her persona is going to be like, which will give me a better understanding of how I can pose her and what she would wear etc. depending on her personality.
Different outfits to try and get a Russian post-apocalyptic style.
After I did these costume designs, I started to look at what style of character I wanted to go with (as there are many different face styles in the cartoon world.) So I experimented with a few different cartoon styles and played around with the facial anatomy to see if I could get the right look and feel for my character.
Different face styles to chose from.
I am going to pick the best out of these faces and then develop my characters look on that style choice, I will also be picking bits and bobs out of the character costume page and making a final costume and character concept out of them design choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment