Tuesday 12 November 2013

Robot


I wanted to have a little follower for my character and was debating between a dog or a robot, I have decided to go with the robot after a lot of thinking. I've been doing some rough sketches of what I want the little guy to look like, I came up with a few designs to choose from and got some valuable feedback from my friends outside of uni and my colleagues at uni. 

The design for the robot was to be an inventory bot so that my character doesn't have to traipse around with a load of stuff, so decided to make an inventory bot to carry everything around for her. 



My little robot designs.


Out of these designs I picked number 4 to model, I came to this decision after getting feedback on the designs from my friends and colleagues (Matty Johnson, Joel Vrettos, Stu Quinn, Neil Goodman and Adam Felgate.) So I am going to be finalizing my concept for this robot and possibly developing it further, although I am quite happy with the design as it is. I will then do an exploded view of the robot so I can model it easier and possibly find some modularity throughout the modeling process.

No comments:

Post a Comment